We have several exciting events for recorders coming up over the next few weeks (see attachment).
Recorders Days - Diwrnod Cofnodwyr are aimed at those wishing to undertake their own species recording at an interesting venue. A great opportunity to meet other recorders, visit fantastic sites and pick up ID tips informally. Free, but please book so we know you're coming.
BioBlitzes are more public facing events, where specialists can share their species knowledge with the public (possibly by leading a guided walk). Or if they prefer, go off and undertake their own recording at the site to help build a comprehensive species list for a site. Free, no need to book.
Identification Courses - Cwrs Adnabod are open to anybody wishing to learn new skills. A nominal booking fee is charged to help cover venue booking and tutor travel expenses. Booking will be opened nearer the time.
Cylchlythyr Cofnod Newsletter
We are working on producing the first Cofnod Newsletter.
The Cofnod Newsletter will come out twice a year (May & September) and is a place where recorders and wildlife enthusiasts can publish the following:
● Highlight species or species groups that others could help record. This might be used to assist with documenting the spread of species new to North Wales (like the Ivy bee), or helping to fill in recording gaps across North Wales.
● Publicise locally-based recording groups and their events.
● Reporting interesting species discoveries, perhaps as a yearly round-up of exciting/significant records.
● Fieldtrip, site reports or identification courses, detailing an event you attended or organised.
● Equipment reviews. Share your first-hand experience with others about recording equipment, techniques, gadgets or even outdoor clothing.
● Any other subject matter that may be of relevance to Biological Recording in North Wales.
● Cofnod will also include articles relating to developments within our LERC.
If you would like to provide any content for the Newsletter (in Welsh or English) please contact me. A "guidance to authors" document is available on request.
Richard Gallon – Swyddog Ymholiadau/Enquiries Officer
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter