CANOLFAN DEWI SANT, Eryrys is a registered charity, registration number: - 1067364 and has negotiated a long lease on Eryrys Church with the Church in Wales. The building was renovated and opened to the public in December 2000. The Charity exists:
- To promote the benefit and social welfare of the inhabitants of Eryrys, Graianrhyd and Llanarmon yn Ial, without distinction of sex, race or of political, religious or other opinions,
- By associating together the said inhabitants and the local authorities, voluntary and other organisations in a common effort to advance education and social welfare,
- To provide facilities for study, recreation and leisure-time occupation with the object of improving the conditions of social life.
- To establish a Community Centre and to maintain and manage the same (whether alone or in co-operation with any local authority or other person or body) in furtherance of these objects,
- To retain, modify and maintain this simple but attractive old building and its surrounds, which provide the focal point in Eryrys.
The Charity is administered and managed by the members of the Executive Committee in accordance with the objectives as laid down in the constitution. The income of the Charity is derived from activities organised by the management committee in the areas of:
Education: - computer and other courses.
Leisure: - Keep Fit, Art Group, Gardening Club etc
Young people: - Youth Club, Play Group
Meetings: - Private hire for parties etc, Polling Station
Fund raising: - events, concerts etc.